Submit a session
The US Social Forum is accepting submissions for both Workshops and Peoples Movement Assemblies (PMA). Before you can submit your proposal you must be registered as an organization for the US Social Forum. If you have not yet registered, please Register now!. Each organization may submit a maximum of one workshop proposal and one PMA proposal.
After you have registered, you may submit a proposal for either:
- Workshop: a 1.5 hour session that requires 2 registered Sponsoring Organizations.
- Peoples Movement Assembly: a 4 hour session that requires 4 registered Sponsoring Organizations.
USSF 2015 Themes:
- Economic Democracy
- Political Democracy
1. Cooperative economics – poverty, housing, and workers’ struggles, anti-capitalism, and
2. Public education – anti-privatization, attacks, and struggles
3. State violence and resistance, mass incarceration and abolition
4. Indigenous sovereignty and self-determination
5. Genders, gender non-conformity, sexuality, patriarchy – resistance and struggles
6. Immigration struggles, decolonization, anti-imperialism
7. Political democracy struggles, participatory democracy, 21st century socialism
8. Culture – capitalist appropriation of culture, political culture, and movement culture
9. Earth and planet – sustainability, food sovereignty, and ecological justice
10. Health, healing, and spirituality
11. Youth and students – struggles for economic stability, health, housing; access to credible
information and media tools; political study and awareness, movement planned and directed
by all black lives, queer and trans black bodies and voices, the young; reconnection and
appreciation of arts & culture